Thursday, March 1, 2012

In the dark, dark night...

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night,  I am starving hungry.
 
The midnight munchies strike a lot.  Even if I have taken a sleeping pill, I might wake up like a zombie if The Daddy disturbs me, and make my way to the fridge, mumbling "Foooooood, muuuuust haaaave foooood".
 
The Mr. gets home at around 2am,  and wakes me up with his rummaging and door slamming, TV watching and loud slurping beer drinking sounds.  He also washes up like a cement mixer.  He just isn't one of natures Ninjas, Yknow?
 
I really don't want to get up and wake up the whole house.  I know I shouldn't  eat something that will upset my stomach (like cold fried chicken from the fridge, or greasy pork curry, tastes good at the time, but trust me, I regret it in the morning, sour stomach and all). 
Sometimes I wake up with a filthy migraine or I can't breathe because of allergies.  The middle of the dark night is something I see a lot.  I have terrible insomnia, but I KNOW it's a bad idea to eat at that time of the evening.
 
 I have to take medicine, and all my meds have "take with food" written on them. For these instances, I have tiny little packets of crackers secreted around my desk, and I sleep next to a glass of water. 
 
 
 We have no heat at the moment, so I piled both little boys and two hot water bottles into bed at nine last night, and covered us with all the blankets.   I snuggled down as far as I could, fending off kicking Duck, and trying to ignore Snoring Boy.
 
 About 5am I woke up from having a terrible dream.
 
 
Some huge monster with hundreds of sharp teeth, in rows and rows and rows was munching through the floor, getting closer and closer. It was horrible and relentless. The noise of the floor munching was getting louder and louder.
The more I tried to scurry away, and put some distance between me and it, the more floor it ate, and the louder and faster  it got.
 
 I woke up, gasping for help clinging to the blanket. 
 
 RIGHT next to my ear hole was Duck, having made himself a nest of all the bed covers, (apart from the thin blanket I was under, and the sleeping bag his brother was in),  eating crackers in my bed.
 
I have spent the morning vacuuming the bed.  My GOD he is a loud eater.....

No comments:

Post a Comment